Lumi's Event Technology Producers are an impressive set of people. They have to be, because we rely on them to represent our company at meetings and events all over the world. We give them responsibility for implementing our interactive technology solutions at meetings and events, we expect them to provide a friendly and professional level of support to our clients (many of whom are in the ASX Top 100) and to ensure the technology runs smoothly throughout the event.
Our focus at Lumi is always on providing a high quality of service and leading edge technology. We do this through the use of Lumi's award winning solutions and the commitment and dedication of its people.
The role gives the opportunity to travel both in Australia and overseas. The successful applicant will work in a dynamic industry, gain client responsibility, and develop further their technical and client relationship skills.
This is a predominantly an on-site role with the hours dictated by the requirements of individual events. Events may require you to be on-site during weekends and public holidays, time off in lieu will be given for any work carried out at these times. Events are interspersed with days in the office; task undertaken while in the office will be varied. You could be involved in post-event processes, the production of your next event, client support, testing new products, supporting other team members, training on new products or project work.
- Liaising with clients prior to, during and after their events by phone and email
- Consulting and advising clients on creating the best outcomes for their events
- Attending production meetings and site visits
- Creating and editing displays for screen, app pages, and interactive PowerPoint presentations
- Preparation and testing of our software, apps and hardware prior to the event
- Managing and operating the interactive technology on site
- Providing a report to the client of the data captured
- Providing internal reporting and recommendations for optimal utilisation of our system
- Providing technical support to the sales team with demos and presentations
While primarily a technical role, the ability to communicate effectively and to influence stakeholders is also paramount. Candidates from a sales or customer service, rather than IT background, will be considered provided they meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be flexible, professional, enthusiastic and mature in their approach to working
- Be able to take responsibility for and manage their learning during and beyond initial training
- Have strong general computer literacy
- A very high standard of both written and spoken English
- Be proficient in the use of PowerPoint, Excel and Photoshop
- Have a basic knowledge of computer networking
- Have strong communication skills including the ability to influence decision makers
- Be confident and comfortable in client facing situations
- Cope well with pressure and be able to work to tight deadlines
- Be able to work effectively by themselves and in team environments
- Enjoy travelling and have a flexible approach to working hours
- Hold a full manual driver's license
- Have knowledge of HTML and CSS (desirable but not essential)
- Have advanced Wi fi network skills (desirable but not essential)
- Be a university graduate
- Full Australian working rights (457, Student or similar visa holders will not be considered)
Comprehensive office based training will be provided on Lumi apps, software, hardware, client relationship management and project management. This is reinforced by a period of on-site shadowing, enabling new employees to gain invaluable experience and confidence from working alongside more senior members of the Lumi team. New employees will not be asked to run an event on their own until both parties feel confident they are ready.
Starting salary $40-45k plus super depending on experience.
Company benefits include:
- A pair of laptops
- A pair of tablets
- Fully paid mobile phone and 4G hotspot
- 20 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Company social activities
This is a predominantly an on-site role and the hours are dictated by the individual event. When not out on events, the office hours are 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, but these hours will vary according to your schedule.
Events may require you to be on-site during weekends and public holidays. Time off in lieu will be given for any work carried out at these times.
Do you feel you are IT savvy with the attitude and drive to take on this challenge?
If so, please click apply and send us your CV and a covering letter explaining why you believe you would be suitable for the role and what qualities you would bring.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE A CURRENT WORKING VISA FOR AUSTRALIA AND CAN DEMONSTRATE A VERY HIGH STANDARD OF WRITTEN AND VERBAL COMMUNICATION. APPLICANTS THAT DO NOT HAVE THIS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Apply for this job