This will be a full-time role working from our office in Liphook, Hampshire.
The MTS is responsible for the smooth running and delivery of our client’s AGMs and member meetings, from pre-meeting, live meeting to post. These AGMs can take place onsite and require you to travel or will be run virtually from the office in Liphook.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a growing company in a sector of the legal events industry which continues to be innovative. It is also an opportunity to work alongside some of the biggest companies in the world. This position is incredibly varied and will suit self-motivated people looking to work in the high paced live meetings industry.
- Delivering meetings whether it may be on site or remotely
- Supporting clients in the lead up to their AGM
- Attending pre-meeting run throughs with clients
- Producing broadcasts / facilitating voting and Q&A in our software
- Implementation of solutions on site, in live environments
- Ensure that our products and services are delivered to the highest possible standards
A typical day for you at Lumi will be unpredictable and varied. You could be involved in the production of your next AGM (or supporting one of your colleagues), post-event processes, as well as running AGMs onsite or virtually.
In the current climate travel is restricted and meetings have been adapted to suit, but aside from these restrictions travelling to other countries and around the UK feature heavily in this role. There will also be opportunities to support other Lumi offices around the world during their busy seasons.
Comprehensive training will be provided on Lumi software, hardware, client relationship management and project management.
Successful candidates for this position will be:
- Capable of managing several projects simultaneously
- Have good general knowledge of IT
- Be proficient in the use of MS office
- Proactive, flexible, enthusiastic, and mature in their approach to work
- Highly motivated with a positive can-do attitude
- Be confident and comfortable in client-facing situations
- Have strong communication skills within the team and high-profile clients
- Cope well with pressure and be able to work to tight deadlines
- Work well by themselves and in team environments
- Excellent attention to detail
- Passionate and knowledgeable about technology and working with it, and open to learning new software/programs
- Enjoy travelling, within the UK and abroad, and have a flexible approach to working hours
- Be capable of lifting 23kgs of equipment
- Hold a full driving licence
- Be eligible to live and work in the UK
In addition, an AV/Events background would be advantageous
Lumi UK are looking for an applicant who will be committed to working in a close-knit team, who will not only look to support their own projects, but those of others as well. They must take an approach to supporting Lumi’s overall goal of providing a reliable, secure, and professional service to their clients. We often become an extension of our clients’ team as well, an approach that is always appreciated and valued.
9-5.30pm, Monday to Friday is schedule dependant. However, some meetings will take place outside these hours and over the weekend, and you will be required to work these.
As a Lumi UK employee you’ll be part of a global team of around 80 people that still feels like a small company. We work closely across continents, sharing our experiences, our successes, our skills and our resources. Lumi is made up of people who are passionate about its products, believe in providing superb customer experience and who are always looking for new ideas and new solutions. Development of individuals within the business is a key focus.
Lumi have offices in Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Hong Kong, Middle East, Netherlands, Singapore, South Africa, United Kingdom and United States.
Successful candidates will be contacted and asked to take part in an initial video call to see if we’d like to invite them back for a formal interview. Ideally, the applicant will be able to start in early January.