Lumi Apps South Africa
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR LUMI APPS
Lumi Show Applications
Terms and Conditions
Effective Date 07 September 2017
Lumi Technologies SA (Pty) Ltd (collectively “Lumi”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) respects your privacy and we are committed to the strictest compliance with the data protection laws that apply.
This policy describes our practices in connection with information that we collect through our websites and services, related blogs and international websites (collectively, our “Websites”), through our web-based and mobile software applications and services (collectively, our “Application”), as well as through HTML-formatted email messages that we send to you (collectively, including the Websites and the Application, referred to as our “Services”). This policy also applies to information about you that we collect or receive in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and Lumi.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding the collection of information about you, whether via our Websites, Application, or from other sources, and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, you should choose not to use our Services. By your using our Services you are deemed to have accepted our policies and practices. Your continued use of our Services after we make changes to this policy is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Data We Collect and How We Collect It
Lumi may collect several types of information from and about you, including:
- “Personal Information” – includes all personally identifiable information (PII) and data that directly or indirectly identifies you such as your name, email address, phone number and location data. You control how much information you provide to us. To use our Application you are required to provide us with your email, username and password. We may also receive this information from the event organizer so we can prepopulate certain fields in the Application. In addition, we may collect data from your responses to posts, comments, survey/poll responses and any other functions or features in the Application. It is up to you how much additional information you want to share with us, the event organizer and the other attendees.
- “Other Information” – that does not reveal your identity or directly relate to you, on its own or in combination with other information we have collected, such as browser and device information, Application usage data, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, general geographic location, demographic information and other information you provide.
How We Use Information
We may use the information that we collect or that is provided to us, including Personal Information, to present our Services and their content. We may use it:
- To provide you with information, products, or services you request from Lumi, for example providing you with Application access for a meeting
- To manage Application accounts and provide customer service
- To provide you with information about the event you are attending
- To enable Application features such as “check-ins”, surveys/polls, messaging, and personal schedules
- To pre-populate Application fields such as conference agendas, attendee lists, exhibitor lists and location information
- To show your Application activity on the activity feeds in the Application
- To send emails or push notifications related to the event you are attending
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to carry out our obligations and enforce our terms and conditions applicable to the Services and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and (h) to protect against or identify fraudulent transactions. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations where reasonably necessary for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it or with your consent
We may also use your contact information to contact you via email, telephone or direct mail about products and services that may be of interest to you. Where required, we will seek and obtain your express authorization before we send marketing emails.
Disclosure of Your Information
- Attendees- In addition, other users of the Application will be able to see limited information such as your profile and activity. We do not actively share your personal data with attendees unless you allow us to do so
- Exhibitor- We may share your information with exhibitors if you and the exhibitor consent to exchange information
- Other third parties – We may use data processors to handle complaints or send newsletters on our behalf or share information with third parties if you have explicitly provided your consent to such data sharing. We may provide your personal data to third parties in order to meet a legal obligation or court order. In addition, in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other similar events, any information in our possession may be transferred to our successor
- Miscellaneous – As we believe to be necessary or appropriate to share your data: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to carry out our obligations and enforce our terms and conditions applicable to the Services and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, our customers, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. This includes, where reasonably necessary, exchanging information with other companies or organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent
Third Party Services
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of the event organisers and other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft
, or any other company, including app developers, app providers, social media platform providers, operating system providers, wireless service providers or device manufacturers, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Application.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising.You may set your web browser to restrict or to entirely block cookies, to configure cookie notification settings and/or to delete cookies already present on the browser or device. Information on how to do this should be provided in the web browser’s help/reference section. Visitors who block cookies may be able to access a Website but may not be able to use most of the content, applications and services available on that site. Limiting or restricting certain types of cookies may also prevent you from using certain portions of the Application. For example, event registration cannot be completed successfully if cookies are disabled in your web browser.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not (i) use or provide any information on these Services or on or through any of its features, (ii) register to use any of our Services, (iii) use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us using one of the means provided below (see Additional Information below).
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Additional Information” section below.
We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this document unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.